Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
(no subject)

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: (no subject)
From: "Duarte Loreto" <happyguy_pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 17:21:22 +0100

  Hello!

After talking with Vasco Costa, portuguese developer and last translator, I've become the new translation maintainer for pt.po. I've given a 100% translated pt.po translation to Vasco for both S1_14 and HEAD.

A bit about me. I'm the current Portuguese translator for GNOME. Previously I've done some linuxdoc translations for a now dead portuguese translation project and also was the 1st portuguese translator for KDevelop (before it merged with main KDE, time when I handed the work to the portuguese KDE team).

When updating the Freeciv translations, I noticed a few issues on the english msgid's, for wich I'm going to open some bugs on the bug tracking system. I think that these should be fixed only for HEAD (if they are still valid there) so as not to break current string freeze on S1_14. But maybe others have a different opinion. Due to this issue, I'm also CC'ing the dev list. As I'm not subscribed to the dev list, I would appreciate replies to this message would be always sent to both lists. :)

Another thing... At GNOME, we have a script that generates daily status pages for translations. This is very helpful as a translator can go check on the status pages if his translation is up-to-date or not. If not, he can then update.

To help some translators with slower connections, the status page provides for download both the module.pot and the current lang_code.po merged with most recent module.pot. This way, a new translator can download the new pot and a current translator can download only the lang_code.po and CVS check in just the updated po and ChangeLog.

What would you think is the use for such a schema at Freeciv? Would it be possible to run this kind of script on the Freeciv server?

There is currently an issue on the GNOME translation status pages (it always happens when a new set is added and the GNOME 2.4 modules where added recently). Anyway, for you to see what I'm talking about, point your browser to http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/index.html

Thanks for your time reading this. Be Happy!

Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto

"Don't worry, be happy!"