Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4024) New tech aquired

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4024) New tech aquired
From: "a-l@xxxxxxx" <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:22:21 -0700

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:02:14 -0700
"Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [a-l@xxxxxxx - Fri Apr 18 11:01:06 2003]:
>
> > Change an instance of "poptechup" to "new_tech_aquired" in
> > packhand.c: handle_player_info().
> >
> > In this and maybe future cases it is useful to distinguish between
> > "change current research" (causes popup) and "gained a new tech"
> > (maybe through treaty or looting).
>
> Why is this useful?  It can't hurt, but is there an advantage to it?
> Currently, in the treaty and looting cases do the menus not get updated?

That was the problem.

> Also, the patch is out-of-date.  The code to determine popuptech has
> been changed recently.

Ups, I missed one day's update. The new behaviour seems to be that
the science dialog is popped up even when you get a tech by treaty
that is not what you are currently researching. I think that can be
confusing in some cases, but if that's the way it should be then this
patch is obsolete.

Arnstein