Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] OK, is the April 9 CVS broken or am I doing something wron

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] OK, is the April 9 CVS broken or am I doing something wrong
From: sam+civ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 01:38:48 -0700 (PDT)

I am not able to compile to April 9 CVS.  Well, more to the point, I can't
figure out how to use autoconf to make a working "./configure".

Here is what I have tried:

vela$ tar xjf freeciv-cvs-Apr-09.tar.bz2
vela$ cd freeciv
vela$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: No existe el fichero o el directorio ("No such file")
vela$ autoconf
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:544:AC_FUNC_VSNPRINTF
configure.in:552:dnl The use of both AC_FUNC_VSNPRINTF and
AC_CHECK_FUNCS(vsnprintf) is
vela$ vi configure.in
vela$ autoconf
vela$ ./configure
./configure: line 549: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
./configure: line 549: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'

Autoscan doesn't seem to help much either.

My system is (more or less) a stock RedHat 7.2 system with Autoconf version
2.13, gcc 2.96, and glibc-2.2.4-13.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the above somehow not compatible with
FreeCiv under CVS?

- Sam