Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3801) use of "malloc" attribute in mem.h

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3801) use of "malloc" attribute in mem.h
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:25:11 -0800

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:04:09PM -0800, Rafa³ Bursig wrote:

> Hi
>
> This code allow us use "malloc" attribute with
> fc_(malloc,calloc,realloc).
> Problem is that this attribute is avilable in gcc >= 3.x then we must
> have new fc_attribute_3x macro which check gcc version.
>
> I don't check it with gcc < 3.x then some good peoples could do it.

With gcc 3.2 I'm not able to produce a different asm output on the
files in common/, ai/ and server/. So this is a nop. I don't see a
reason for applying this change before the gcc folks make their home
work and really implement this optimization.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "> WHY?! Isn't it better to put $(shell cat cscope.files) on the list of