Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Zaurus Freeciv

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Zaurus Freeciv
From: Rob Fisher <rfisher@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:55:19 +0000

Hi all,

I received an email today from someone who might be interested in helping out
with the Zaurus port, and I realised with some guilt that I have disappeared
off this list for a long time.

Although in theory I haven't stopped working on the Zaurus client, in
practice I never seem to find the time.  This may or may not change in the
future.

If anyone really wants to see a Zaurus/QT client, the best thing to do would
be either to work on it and send me patches, or fork the project.  Who knows,
the renewed activity might get me going on it again.

In either case, I'll be happy to answer any questions about the code, and
getting cross compilation going.

One thing to bear in mind:  it's still based on Freeciv 1.12, I don't know
what kind of job it would be to move it to 1.14.  If the interface between
the client code and the GUI code hasn't changed much, this should be easy.

Rob.
--
             GPG Key ID: 80829BC2  |  http://www.robfisher.net
"A nation that cannot find enough volunteers to defend itself will not