[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3551) New IBM Nuke

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3551) New IBM Nuke
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:06:56 -0800

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Rafal Bursig wrote:
> > andi payn wrote code for an unlimited move ICBM missile unit. I didn't
> > like unlimited movement, so I suggested doing unlimited paradrop
> > instead,
> > which I think he agreed to. Nothing happened after that. I still think
> > that is a better idea.
> >
>   I think that ICMB shouldn't be a unit (which can be moved form city
> to city ) only staticaly city improvment ( one per city ) with big
> unkeep cost. Which will be destroyed when you lanch missle and nuke
> explosion will be instantly after lanch (if victim target doesn't have
> defence)

That opens up two cans of worms: Player activation of (quite complex)
building effects and building of multiple buildings of the same type. I'm
against both, since they complicate an already simple and elegant concept.

If you don't want it be able to move, just make it a zero movement unit.

In any case, the support code for what you are suggesting simply isn't
there.

  - Per