Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2748) mapgen patch 1 of 3 - adjust_terrain()

To: rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2748) mapgen patch 1 of 3 - adjust_terrain()
From: Ross Wetmore <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:22:42 -0500

Karen Yeats via RT wrote:
Hello anyone who might be following this.

Ross Wetmore and I have been conversing on this patch a bit and in
particular have been disagreeing about whether my way of turning the
river server variable to percents is the way to go.
Does anyone else care? Or shall we just disagree to our hearts' content.

Tsk, tsk ...

We both agree that percents for all terrain types is the way to go.

We disagree about how badly one should break backwards compatibility
by not leaving the current code understanding that map.riverlength is
really the length of rivers rather than a percent like all the other
map.*sizes.

One can accept and deal with both during a transition period and get
rid of the length flavour when people have had a chance to relearn new
habits.

Or one can just bull ahead and stick it to everyone because the old
way is obviously so wrong.

[..]
Karen

Cheers,