Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2873) 1.14.0 Xaw client crash

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2873) 1.14.0 Xaw client crash
From: "Stepan Roh via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:42:23 -0800

OK, I found the problem:

HAVE_LIBXAW3D is not defined which causes client/gui-xaw/pixcommp.h to not
include Xaw3D class parts which confuses Xaw3D at runtime and crashes
client. The reason why it was not included lies somewhere around
acconfig.h/old and autogen.sh. acconfig.h mentions HAVE_LIBXAW3D while
config.h does not. But using autoconf suite newer than 2.13 acconfig.h is
renamed to acconfig.old by autogen.sh and config.h.in generated by
autoheader does not have HAVE_LIBXAW3D in (because FC_CHECK_X_LIB is not
recognized by autoheader - which is by the way mentioned in acconfig.h)
and that's probably the reason why it is not set (it must be mentioned in
config.h else it will be silently discarded). The reason why it worked in
1.13.0 is that configure files were generated with autoconf 2.13, but in
1.14.0 they are generated by autoconf 2.57.

I have no fix for it, because I'm not an auto* guru, but someone should
fix it as soon as possible.

I hope it is understandable (I'm very tired).

Stepan Roh