Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2792) [ml_trp_1@xxxxxxxxxxx: Suggestion since Civ 1]

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2792) [ml_trp_1@xxxxxxxxxxx: Suggestion since Civ 1]
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:16:09 -0800

----- Forwarded message from John Star <ml_trp_1@xxxxxxxxxxx> -----

From: "John Star" <ml_trp_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion since Civ 1
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 02:13:50 +0000

Hello,

Just to warn you now, I'm not part of the mailing list.  If this post makes
it, please reply to me personally for me to get it.  Thanks.

This is something I've been wishing for since I bought Civilization in 1992
(or shortly thereafter).

When you're looking for a good site to build a city, wouldn't it be nice to
have a "city mask"?  Something that follows the mouse and project a red tint
onto the squares that would be part of the city's resources if a city was
built where the mouse is.

Wouldn't that be much easier than having to count "out 2 squares, left and
right 1", for each direction (N,E,S,W).  You know, when you're a methodical
motherfscker like me.  My sister's with me on this too, we made ourselves
cardboard city masks for Civ 1, my technical drawing classes in high school
will pay off making a city mask for freeciv, with the angled view (which I
disagree with, it drives me nuts!  I picture the keypad as being tilted to
the right, like the map is.)

Hope to see this feature soon!

John

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup