Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2743) Blank messages and bad packet strings

To: Kenn.Munro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2743) Blank messages and bad packet strings
From: "Guest via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:07:26 -0800

Occasionally I get blank lines in my message window.  It will be as if
an event happened, but it enters a blank line instead of the correct
text for the event.  When it happens, civclient complains that it
"received bad string in packet".  A savegame is available at
http://kenn-michelle.ca:8080/freeciv/kenn.sav.gz.  Join as kenn, then
move the diplomat into the city and attempt to steal a tech.  If the
diplomat isn't caught, it will message a blank line instead of saying
which tech was stolen, and the client says: 1: received bad string in
packet (type 16, len 72) from server.  If the diplomat keeps getting
caught, try moving the explorer (same square) to somewhere else first.

Also, when I start that save game, the client gives a bunch of these:
1: received bad string in packet (type 75, len 132) from server
1: received bad string in packet (type 75, len 124) from server

I'm using gtk2 client from Jan 5 cvs.  The blank lines sometimes happen
with other events too, but they're not too common.. perhaps once every
20 turns or so.

Kenn