Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: some unrealistic scenarios

To: kayeats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: some unrealistic scenarios
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:56:59 +0100

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 10:42:02AM -0500, Karen Yeats wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I tried to send this to freeciv-data but aparently the attachements didn't
> get throught so it was suggested I send them here.  Anyway, attached is a
> small collection of unrealistic scenarios which I think are fun to play.
> Probably they aren't the sort of thing that enough people would enjoy that
> they want to be distributed with the realistic scenarios in freeciv,
> however I'm sending them hoping they will be of interest to some.
>
> By unrealistic I mean that the map has been doctored in a various ways.
> You might prefer to play them and be surprised; if not descriptions
> follow:
>
> lines: the map is broken into segments separated by double lines of
> mountains.  This way civilisations can develop in a few enclaves and only
> later in the game do now mature civilisations from different segments
> meet.
>
> squares: each country starts with exclusively one type of land (at most 5
> players for this one).
>
> arcady: most of the map has few specials, however one isolated island has
> lots and lots of specials.
>
> cover: the "cover page" for these scenarios; each island is a letter.

Nice, perhaps you should add a short .README for the screnairios with
nomber of players size and so on.
And _how_ to start them.

./ser -f data/scenario/lines.sav.gz
gives
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

#0  0x080b12c8 in map_get_terrain (x=0, y=1) at map.c:1191
#1  0x0807b99c in add_specials (prob=250) at mapgen.c:1416
#2  0x0807af67 in map_fractal_generate () at mapgen.c:1215
#3  0x08051527 in srv_main () at srv_main.c:1950

after i chosed my nation.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem