[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2509) unification of update_map_canvas

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2509) unification of update_map_canvas
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:02:47 -0800

[jdorje - Sun Dec 29 21:54:26 2002]:

> This version fixes a couple of obvious bugs in the win32 client.  The
> win32 client still doesn't completely work, though.

Upon further review, I think the win32 client may work under this patch.
 It does crash for me from time to time (cross-compiled with mingw32,
then run under wine), but this doesn't seem to be related to the drawing
code.

I suspect the method used is inefficient, since a new DC is created for
each write.  And this will only become more inefficient as the cleanups
progress.  The solution here is to retain the DC between draws.

jason