[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2455) dead functions in GUI interface

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2455) dead functions in GUI interface
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 05:38:02 -0800

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 09:46:41PM -0800, Jason Short via RT wrote:

> The attached patch removes some dead functions from the GUI interface.
> These functions are never called by the client code, and are not
> implemented for most GUIs.  Some GUIs implement some of them (used
> internally), and some GUIs have stub implementations.
>
> Without fixes for the GUIs, this is incomplete.  Patches are welcome.

> -enum Display_color_type get_visual(void);

What is the status here? Do we support greyscale and/or
black-and-white displays? There is a message in the xaw client "only
color displays supported" but no exit.

> -void free_color_system(void);

This should stay. It can/should be called from common code.

> -void color_error(void);

Removed.

> -void popup_help_dialog(int item);

Removed.

> -char *get_report_title(char *report_name);

Used by mui, win32 and xaw. Removed from gtk to make the dialogs
smaller IIRC. I suggest moving this function into common code since
the implementation is almost equal.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  The Software is not designed or licensed for use in on-line control