[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2534) civclient crash on FreeBSD 5.0

To: mwlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2534) civclient crash on FreeBSD 5.0
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:26:44 -0800

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 10:38:23AM -0800, mwlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx via RT
wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:32:51AM -0800, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 08:24:33AM -0800, mwlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx via
> > RT wrote:
> > > pedicular~;gdb client/civclient civclient.core
> > > This GDB was configured as "i386-undermydesk-freebsd"...client/civclient:
> > > No such file or directory.
> >
> > Please cd into the freeciv directory first or adjust the paths
> > otherwise.
>
> Sorry, I've never done this sort of debugging before.  Thanks for your
> patience.
>
> This looks a little better:

Yes it does.

> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x0808a6e6 in popup_mes_close ()
> #1  0x0808a871 in popup_mes_handle_callback ()

This looks like you didn't compile with debug symbols or that you
stripped your binary. Please make sure that "-g" is passed to the
compiler. Make a backup of he civclient binary before you recompile.

Since we now also have the core dump the next question is: can you
reproduce the problem? How?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Are you saying that you actually used the Classpath Java AWT classes in