[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2528) Runtime warning

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2528) Runtime warning
From: "olafBuddenhagen@xxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:10:31 -0800

Hi,

I just got the following message:

   Warning: constraint loop detected while laying out child 'wlist' in
   FormWidget 'wview'

I'm using the xaw client. (Though I've no idea whether the warning
actually comes from the client or the server -- I'm running both on the
same terminal...) I've also no idea in what situation the problem
occured, as I realized it only much later. (Well, I guess this bug
report isn't very useful :-( )

Note that I'm still using 1.12; I decided to report it anyways because
it's the first time I saw the warning (though I have used it quite a
bit), so it doesn't seem unlikely it hasn't been reported before...

BTW, even if no one cares for maintaining the man page, at least it
should contain information where to report bugs -- that's the place
where people look for that. Looking into the man page and finding
nothing, then looking for a readme in the doc/ directory and searching
it for some instruction, finding a pointer to the BUGS file, downloading
the source package (as this file was somehow "forgotten" in the Debian
binary package...), finding an address there which seems to be wrong
(?), finally finding the correct address on the web page more or less by
incident -- well, that's a procedure able to discourage most peaple from
reporting a bug... I was almost discoraged myself; I guess the only
reason I went through with it was to be able to write *this* ;-)

-Olaf-

--
Don't buy away your freedom -- GNU/Linux