[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2490) unification of get_citizen_sprite

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2490) unification of get_citizen_sprite
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:25:15 -0800

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 06:48, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:41:04PM -0800, Jason Short via RT wrote:
> >
> > This is a very small function, and easy to unify, thus making future
> > changes to this code easier.
> >
> > All access to the sprite should go through this function.  But that's a
> > separate issue.
>
> Patch is ok.
>
> > This function should IMO go into graphics_common, not mapview_common.
> > Are there any objections to this?
>
> What about tilespec.c?

Perhaps.  In some ways tilespec is like graphics_common.  But I do think
we can impose a separation between tileset-related code (loading,
reloading, etc., currently in tilespec and graphics) and pure graphics
code (which includes drawing code currently in tilespec and mapview).
Such a separation may be more trouble than it's worth.  But IMO tilespec
and mapview are already overloaded as it is, and anything we can do to
relieve this is a good thing.

Hmm, but even if we do create a graphics_common for such a purpose one
could argue that this function should still go into tilespec.

jason