[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound fx

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Sound fx
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:31:52 +0100

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:00:42AM +0100, Wojciech Migda wrote:

> Hi,
>
> have you tried to get free sound fx from this site:
>
> http://www.partnersinrhyme.com
>
> Good luck,
>
> Wojciech Migda

Thanks for the pointer.

Unfortunately, these sounds are not completely free:

  - they cost money
  - Partners in Rhyme licenses the right to use the sounds,
    with some restrictions; the restrictions are free, but they seem
    incompatible with the license we use for Freeciv, which requires
    that the sounds we include can be modified and redistributed

Also, the actual license granted for the sound is nowhere to be found.
They do explain it, though, at

   http://www.musicloops.com/Cart/faq.html#License

I suppose we could contact them and ask under what exact conditions they
would allow sounds from their package to be distributed with Freeciv.

--
Reinier