[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2461) bool type already exists

To: Bernd Korz <bernd.korz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2461) bool type already exists
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:25:56 -0800

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 02:47, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:37:47PM -0800, Jason Short via RT wrote:
> >
> > [rfalke - Mon Dec  2 18:37:07 2002]:
> >
> > > Changes of the new patch are listed above.
> >
> > Raimar's most recent patch looks good, except configure.ac support is
> > also needed.
>
> Mhhh last time I changed it was broken. I just can't test the
> configure.ac change here.

The configure.ac change should be the same.  The attached patch works
for me.

I also did indentation on the preprocessor directives.  This seems more
legible to me, but I'm not sure if this "style" is considered good or
bad.

> > The use of excessive preprocessor directives in shared.h is IMO a hack,
> > but I see no way around it.
>
> > It might be more appropriate to put this into support.h.  Or it might not.
>
> Then we would have change few/a lot of includes.

Yes, that would be bad.  Or we could put #include "support.h" into
shared.h or some other such madness.

> > It also doesn't seem certain that be_prim.h will exist and contain
> > bool on all beos systems.  But I can't think of a check that is more
> > likely to be correct.
>
> We will deal with this if such case is reported.

Fine.

> Also note that the patch is deferred: it wasn't reported against
> freeciv bug against freeciv-test. The current freeciv doesn't show the
> error yet. So Bernd can't test the fix.

Well, it will be reported as soon as Bernd (slick name for a BeOS user)
tries to compile the freeciv code - hopefully today.  But since his only
hope for a client is gui-sdl he hasn't done this yet.

Note, this process is made more difficult for him since he doesn't have
a working autoconf.

jason