[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new patch: autoattack

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new patch: autoattack
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:14:18 +0100

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 06:16:44PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> > This will not get us to attack diplomats or other near-helpless units
> > that we may want to attack. So perhaps
> >
> >  if (penemywin > 1.0 - punitwin || penemywin > 0.99) {
> >    /* ...autoattack... */
> >  }
>
> Note that it is actually rare that we have such good odds, even against
> diplomats. And if we lower the threshold we may make bad decisions. So I
> am not sure which is best, but after some consideration, I ended up with
>
>    if (penemywin > 1.0 - punitwin || unit_flag(punit, F_DIPLOMAT))
>
> which doesn't attack explorers and always attacks diplomat flag
> units, even if they are (in a modpack) giant hulks, since this kept
> things nice and simple. Modpackers shouldn't make the incredible hulk
> diplomats anyway...
>
> New patch attached.

Ships don't work proper.

Fregattes aren't autoattacking against other fregattes.

Ok .. horsemen on hill, attacking chariot:

4: autoattack if 0.064766 < 0.130912 with Horsemen -> Chariot at (2, 17)

The chariot will win nearly every fight, same for the horsemen ...
So its better to kill the chariot.

Little problem with moving transporters. (move a transport with a unit
over a "aa"spot) Think its the as the problem with fregattes.

Thomas