[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2293) Paratroopers jumping into an empty city

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2293) Paratroopers jumping into an empty city
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:13:34 +0100

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 11:05:29AM -0800, Davide Pagnin via RT wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 19:44, Anthony J. Stuckey via RT wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 10:01:56AM -0800, Davide Pagnin via RT wrote:
> > >
> > > Let me know your thoughts, this fix (partial or complete) need to find
> > > its way before 1.14.0.
> >
> >     The whole idea of randomly killing paratroopers irks me for a reason I
>
> randomly isn't appropriate, IMHO.
>
> > haven't figured out yet.  Maybe IMHO, units should only die in battle or
> > disband.
>
> I have already said that I dislike having paratrooper killed if they
> paradrop on not in war units/cities.
>
> If the paratrooper is disbanded there is no difference. (Maybe you want
> to change the message that is sent to the player, but this is not a
> 1.14.0 stable branch issue)

Just an idea: When a paratrooper is dropped onto a tile with a no contact/
no war city or unit, it goes down not on this tile, but the randomly
choosen nearest tile to that point without such a city/unit.

Note that we already have random placement, with guerillas.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/