[Freeciv-Dev] RT issues

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] RT issues
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:27:06 -0500

RT has a lot of features that Jitterbug didn't. But, we are still in the process of figuring out how best to use these features.

RT automatically tracks the status of an issue. So, we can change its 'status' to 'resolved' and it won't bother us anymore. But if someone then replies to the issue, RT will automatically re-open it. This isn't something to be too worried about, but if the reply just says "this issue is closed", then that's a little counter-productive.

The web interface for RT should tell you all of this. But, it's difficult to use this interface without a registered account. If you have a registered account, then you can easily see what the status is of all the tickets (issues) you have requested or are watching (watching = have replied to, AFAICT). (You can see this information anyway, if you search for it. But it's certainly not as convenient.) Thus all developers should have registered accounts (if they want). I'm not sure how permissions will work, but we'll leave that to the RT admins (unless there's further discussion of it).

jason