[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client option change callback (PR#1935)

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client option change callback (PR#1935)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 20:06:34 +0100

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 09:51:25AM -0600, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 03:08:28PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Jason Short wrote:
> > > I've also changed the struct initializers to the "new" (C99?) format,
> > > which is far more readible IMO. Feel free to change the indentation as
> > > you like...
> >
> > I want a decision on this. Is this C99 behaviour portable and acceptable
> > style?
>
> so we would be wasting suppport for non-c99 compliant compilers based on
> this one change? I don't think so.

I agree.

> I would consider it if there were a more pressing matter, but...

With C99 we get:
 - variable-length arrays
 - long long int
 - // comment
 - mixed declarations and code
 - new block scopes for selection and iteration statements
 - inline functions
 - boolean type in <stdbool.h>
 - and a lot of other stuff

If I had too choose one feature I would take the new block scopes.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 checking for the vaidity of the Maxwell laws on this machine... ok