[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rfc: Effect of loss of Marco's on treaties

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rfc: Effect of loss of Marco's on treaties
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 13:20:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Thomas Strub wrote:
> That means in case of civil war you lose your capital, half of your
> cities, your embassies and all treaties ...
>
> I don't like that.

Good point. I forgot you also lost embassies to civil war.

> Shouldn't it be the other way that a embassy with a player you have
> shared vision + alliance can't disappear?

This makes Marco's a lot more powerful, though. I'd be inclined to
generalise that to peace treaty as well, for in-game reasons.

New suggestion: If you make an alliance or peace treaty, you gain a
permanent embassy. If you have a ceasefire, it is cancelled and reset when
neither player no longer has an an embassy.

You no longer lose embassies when suffering civil war.

Patch attached.

  - Per