Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some help on bug tracking

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some help on bug tracking
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 18:58:37 +0200

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 08:23:55AM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 01:39:19PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > > yep. 1683 will not be in 1.14.0.
> >
> > I'm worried about that. The bug is so silly, so annoying.
> > It's present since years. Many people complained. Many
> > people have tried to fix it (including Raimar, who wanted
> > to go a step further on and then was stopped).
> >
> > Do I have a chance of talking you in changing your mind?
>
> Of course you have a chance. you always have a chance. I realize that this
> is a bugs, and it's been present a long time. However, I've already
> deterred several others from attempting to put 'fixes' in the tree at this
> stage. 1.14.0 is not going to be perfect. There will be unresolved issues.
> The hope is that it _will_ be stable. That is why I hesitate to put
> _anything_ else it the tree before branching.

I see that the expression 'bugfix' is extensible. And I wouldn't
recommend to include my patch without review.

But I don't see the point in not bringing in bugfixes. I thought
that is what 1.14 is all about.

> Raimar stopped himself the last time around. I'm not exactly sure why.

Yes. Maybe he stopped because I was too handy with criticism.

> -mike

Christian

> PS: has anybody had stablilty issues with the current tree?

I don't have any.

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/