Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some help on bug tracking

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some help on bug tracking
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 08:23:55 -0500

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 01:39:19PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > yep. 1683 will not be in 1.14.0.
>
> I'm worried about that. The bug is so silly, so annoying.
> It's present since years. Many people complained. Many
> people have tried to fix it (including Raimar, who wanted
> to go a step further on and then was stopped).
>
> Do I have a chance of talking you in changing your mind?

Of course you have a chance. you always have a chance. I realize that this
is a bugs, and it's been present a long time. However, I've already
deterred several others from attempting to put 'fixes' in the tree at this
stage. 1.14.0 is not going to be perfect. There will be unresolved issues.
The hope is that it _will_ be stable. That is why I hesitate to put
_anything_ else it the tree before branching.

Raimar stopped himself the last time around. I'm not exactly sure why.

-mike

PS: has anybody had stablilty issues with the current tree?