Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Network compression.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Network compression.
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:02:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Yon Uriarte wrote:
>  I've put a patch to compress the tcp server->client stream using libz
> on incoming. I would love to get it on .14.0.

About 1.14.0: Not a chance at this stage. Only bugfixes will go in now.

I have not read your patch, but I hope you have added a capability so that
unpatched clients can receive non-zlibed transmission.

Also, please take a look at the previous discussion about this topic from
some time 2000. I have forwarded the two posts I had archived, there may
be more in the public archives. I don't know why Lauri's patch was not
committed.

  - Per