Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: mapgenerator6 - single continent [cvs diff -u]

To: Michal Gajda <mg169780@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: mapgenerator6 - single continent [cvs diff -u]
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:22:23 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Michal Gajda wrote:
> > > When playing with friends, we prefer short ,,blood-lust'' type of game.
> > > This patch forces single continent which makes level ground.
> >
> > Interestingidea, but please make the patch against cvs version. We
> > already have a new mapgen5 in most recent source code.
>
> Thanks. Here you are...

It seems to generate very one-sided maps. All mountains/hills seem to be
clustered together in one spot, which is not very good for fairness, nor
does it look good. Large parts of the continent is just flat. And there
are very few rivers.

Good idea, but still a little to go. Please to try fix these issues and
post another patch.

  - Per