Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] fix for esd audio plugin

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] fix for esd audio plugin
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:15:20 +0000 (GMT)

This fixes a complaint Christian came up with a while ago regarding the
esd audio plugin: Occasionally, when used with units that are moved on
rail or moved off-screen on goto, you get a machine gun like series of
sounds being played, because they play too fast. This patch solves
this.

This isn't a problem with the sdl plugin, so I didn't solve this for the
general case (ie in audio.c), but maybe I should do that if this is also a
problem for the Windows sound plugin?

Please test. In particular, is the cut off time limit good enough? It
seems good to me, but to others maybe it doesn't solve the problem
sufficiently enough.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra