Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] difficulty levels

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] difficulty levels
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 11:01:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> perhaps it's about time to think about another ai difficulty level above
> hard. say an "expert" level, so that hard doesn't include active
> diplomats.

Or make better use of current difficulty levels:

easy:   H_RATES | H_TARGETS | H_HUTS | H_DEFENSIVE | H_DIPLOMAT
medium: H_RATES | H_TARGETS | H_HUTS
hard:   H_NONE

None uses "medium", since it is too similar to "easy", I believe. If we
made it

easy:   H_RATES | H_TARGETS | H_HUTS | H_DEFENSIVE | H_DIPLOMAT
medium: H_RATES | H_DIPLOMAT
hard:   H_NONE

instead, there would be more difference between them.

(In order to get really nasty AIs to play against, you can use the teams
patch so make all the AIs start out allied. Since they don't give each
other's cities and settlers danger, they will expand more. Since they have
less targets, they will attack you more.)

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra