Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: nation.ruleset terrain bug (PR#1554)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: nation.ruleset terrain bug (PR#1554)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:26:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Jason Short wrote:
> Making naturalcitynames ternary is quite easy, if a bit ugly. See
> attached patch. As I said, I prefer things as they are so that nations
> with a lot of city names (like 1000) will work effectively (you won't be
> prematurely given the names of cities you've never heard of). But I
> suppose this could be desirable.

If the existing algorithm isn't good enough, then we should change it, not
offer a choice of umteenth different algorithms. So, a "no" from me on
this patch as it is.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra