Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] use the new freeciv-i18n mailing list

To: Freeciv users <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:29:40 +0200

  Fellow Freeciv-ers,

Our mailing list administrator, John Goerzen,
has set up a new list:

  freeciv-i18n

This list was created to discuss translation of Freeciv
(the code + documentation + website) in other languages.

My guess is that between 10 and 20 people are actively taking part
in translation now, and this number is growing all the time.
Problems often arise that require fixing at the source (English) end.

Up to now, problems with the Freeciv code were discussed on
freeciv-dev, but that list is quite busy and many translators
do not have interest in all of the freeciv-dev discussion.

Therefore I would like to ask everybody interested in translation to
subscribe to freeciv-i18n and discuss translation there.  Some discussion
is already happening.  I also have a couple of questions about the
website that I'd like to discuss there.

Instructions can be found on our mailing lists page:

Reinier Post
(co-)webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx