Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] normalize_map_pos and invalid map positions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] normalize_map_pos and invalid map positions
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:04:36 +0000 (GMT)

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but anyway.

I take it the point of normalize_map_pos is to ensure the given map
positions don't point to an illegal point on the map that would case an
error.

However, sometimes, as with goto_dest_?, I believe the correct thing to do
is to make the positions illegal, so that they don't get used and if they
get used, an error is generated so that the problem can be fixed.

So what would be an illegal map position? (-1, -1)?

Yeah, I guess this question shows just how well I've been following the
gen topology discussion...

Yours
Per