Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] At endyear map in not displayed (PR#1883)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] At endyear map in not displayed (PR#1883)
From: nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Davide Pagnin
Version: 1.13.0
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS:
Submission from: (NULL) (193.205.82.101)

As well known, 1.13.0 release and further development code (1.13.1-devel)
doesn't display the full world map at the end of a game.

This misbehaviour as been introduced on 3rd July, when the
CLIENT_GAME_OVER_STATE has been introduced in the code.

The GAME_OVER_STATE is different from the GAME_RUNNING_STATE and thus
many checks of the type get_client_state() == CLIENT_GAME_RUNNING_STATE
fails, producing the unwanted effect of replacing the final world map
with the intro gfx.

This problem can be fixed in many ways and depends mostly on developer
or gamers agreement of the purpose of the final map.

Thing I expect to see/do when the game is over:

1. Scroll the map to see whatever part of the map I want
2. Able to use third button of the mouse to go directly to another
part of the map
3. Able to use third button of the mouse on the minimap
4. Able to change whatever view option has been chosen
5. Able to use the find city menu
6. Able to use some of the reports menu

This can be a partial list and people perhaps disagree with my point of
view, so before issuing a patch, agreement is needed.

For the people than don't want to wait, I'll send a 'proof of concept'
patch, that will enable point 1,2 and 3.

(And obviously you'll enjoy the final world map!)