Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:54:43 +0200

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 10:02:59PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> assert on startup
>
> civclient: goto_agent.c:121: unit_changed: Zusicherung »0« nicht erfüllt.

A case where the attributes are not synchronized.

I have experimented flushing the attributes after every set and using
xdelta to reduce the transfered amount (the deltas were also
compressed). Results:

 - there are about 35 sets and so flushes per turn
 - you can encode these 35 flushed in 16kb

If you gzip the attributes at the end of turn you need under 4kb in
the samples I have collected. So I only have to find a solution to the
problem above. The GA can release the unit if there is a
synchronization problem. But this isn't in a hurry to decide.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere."