Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Zaurus Port Update

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Zaurus Port Update
From: Rob Fisher <rfisher@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:29:30 +0200

Greetings all - despite my silence (or perhaps because of it) I have been
busily working on the Zaurus port.

You can see my work so far here:
http://home.no.net/rfisher/zaurus/freeciv.html

It's not much - just a binary download of an early version.  So far you can
only explore the map, but it's still Freeciv on a PDA, which is kind of cool!
 Be sure to read all the instructions.  Creating a swapfile to give your
Zaurus more memory will help, but is not essential to try it out.

I'm going on holiday (literally and from this group) on Saturday for a couple
of weeks, so no more work will be done in that time.  This is also partly why
I haven't released source yet.  I can still be mailed, but I will be using my
PDA and a mobile phone to read mail so go easy on me, and don't expect
instant replies!

Enjoy the demo, more from me when I have more!

Rob.
--
             GPG Key ID: 80829BC2  |  http://www.robfisher.net

Bessie Braddock to Churchill: "Winston, you're drunk!"
Churchill: "Bessie, you're ugly, and tomorrow morning I shall be sober"