[Freeciv-Dev] compile on windows and possible bug with map size

To: Christian Stock <cstock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] compile on windows and possible bug with map size
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:26:12 +0200

Christian Stock writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm trying to compile the cvs freeciv version for win (from yesterday) on
 > my home box (which doesn't have linux anymore, because I ran out of
 > diskspace and was using linux for work only).
 >
 > The reason why I want to compile it is because the win cvs (and the 1.12.0
 > version) crashes on a custom made map. I basically doubled the large earth
 > map (so it's 320x180 now). I need that sort of detail and size for a
 > scenario I'm making. It seems to be too big, although in the code it looks
 > like maps can be as big as they want to be, so I suspect a bug in the win
 > client. So I wanted to fix it :)
 >
 > I'm using MSVC 6.0, and I got really close compiling the server yesterday.
 > First off, since I'm using MSVC, I was stuck with the autogen.sh. Although
 > I have lot's of programming experience, I'm not very good when it come to
 > setting things up. I know that I need a config.h and I have worked out a
 > few things on what I need to define and what not, but I have a few
 > problems. Can someone maybe post a working config.h for a win system? And
 > where do I include it, ie where do I define HAVE_CONFIG_H? I defined the
 > win variables in the individual header files which is of course not ideal
 > at all, but it worked to get most stuff compiled for now...
You should define HAVE_CONFIG_H on your compiler commandline.
The config.h which configure generates for a mingw32 gcc (when cross
compiling) is attached.

 > my linking still has 2 problems. When I define NATIVE_WIN (which assume I
 > should), the code uses _beginthreadex, which is undefined. If I include the
 > libraries libcmt.lib or msvcrt.lib, I get conflicts, so what do i do?
msvcrt should be the right one. Perhaps the MSVC option /MT solves the
problem (wild guess).

 > also, S_ISREG is undefined. It doesn't seem to be windows related, so how
 > do i fix that?
No idea about that. In the mingw32 header files it is defined in
sys/stat.h.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade