[Freeciv-Dev] Re: bugs/features in 1.12.0 (PR#1603)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: bugs/features in 1.12.0 (PR#1603)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:17:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 02:38:03PM +1200, <s.yeates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some "features" I've noticed in 1.12.0 (built from source, Linux
> x86, completely standard build)

Can you please retest with the latest beta 1.12.4?

> * If a palace is is sold or a capital is overrun/destroyed then
> spaceships are always lost, even if they are complete and ready to
> be launched.

Probably unfixed.

> * There is nothing in the help on palaces about not being able to
> have more than one in your civilisation, nor the fact that if you
> build a second one you spaceship is automatically launched.

Probably unfixed.

> * The dialogs still suggest that you can subvert foreign capitals if
> you have a great deal of cash (I've complained about this before).

This should have been fixed.

> * The connection between the client and th server still chocks when
> you've got very large civilisations. I've included a patch but you
> probably only want to use it if you're REALLY into very big
> civilisations (900+ cities, 4000+ units).

There are ideas and also some (not yet applied) code to reduce the
bandwidth usage and the GUI updates in the client. I think I more
proper way is to increase MAX_LEN_BUFFER directly because the
MAX_LEN_PACKET change will have to direct effect on the performance.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm