[Freeciv-Dev] Re: a plenty of bugs

To: Sylvain Tricot <sylvaintricot@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: a plenty of bugs
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:56:43 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Sylvain Tricot wrote:
> /*************************************************************************/
> unused code is obsolete in /freeciv-cvs-Mar-27/ai/aicity.c
>
> 443:
>     ai_city_defender_value(pcity, U_LEGION, bestchoice.choice)) * 2 &&
>
> U_LEGION is no longer defined.

The code is #ifdef'ed out and never used. It is kept mostly as a comment
about what the original author was thinking. Will probably be removed
soon.

> /*************************************************************************/
> suspicious code in /freeciv-cvs-Mar-27/intl/localealias.c
>
> 42:
>    #pragma alloca
>
> correction:
> # pragma alloca

I believe #pragma alloca is correct gcc syntax. What makes you think
otherwise? Anyway, this is gettext code, which we didn't write, and I
don't want to change it unless it is seriously broken, since will want to
sync it up to newest version of gettext occasionally.

> /*************************************************************************/
> bug in /freeciv-cvs-Mar-27/client/xaw/diplodlg.c
>
> function:
> struct Diplomacy_dialog *create_diplomacy_dialog(struct player *plr0,
>                                                struct player *plr1)
>
> 533:
>         get_ruler_title(plr1->government, plr0->is_male, plr0->nation),
>
> correction:
>         get_ruler_title(plr1->government, plr1->is_male, plr1->nation),

Yes, looks like a cut&paste error.

> unused definition in
> /home/styx/st/dev/fc/freeciv-cvs-Mar-27/client/include/colors_g.h
>
> 16:#define MAX_COLORS 256

This entire include looks unused. Should be removed.

Yours,
Per

"It is difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
Especially if there is no cat there." - Confucius