[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civserver test game

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civserver test game
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:54:53 +0200

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:36:08AM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:

> What about setting up a special civserver which keeps running
> forever, no restarts? We could build up a great empire on it
> and test the performance issues.

You can already do this on civserver.freeciv.org, just stay connected.

> We might use a special port number not published on the web,
> and maybe cryptographic login and player names, to keep off
> the masses.

I don't think that will be necessary.
But we can run a server that doesn't quit.
For cryptographic login, we can restrict access to localhost.  That way
only players with an account on civserver.freeciv.org can access it
(with ssh port forwarding).

--
Reinier