[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II compatibility ruleset issues

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II compatibility ruleset issues
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 01:38:59 +0200

        Hi all!
This is a followup, of my last mail on this topic.

I've written:
>2. It is not possible to separate corruption from unbribable flag,
>this means, democracy has no corruption and unbribable flag,
>other government have corruption and are bribable.
>Communism, or another potential governament, with no corruption,
>cannot be implemented without giving it also unbribable flag.

This is not true, unbribable flag is completely separated from
corruption handling, in the way I stated this.

The problem that I've found is this:

Democracy has a corruption_level == 0
(no other governament has same setting)

Under Democracy, Courthouse effect changes, because it is related
to corruption, and instead of reducing by half the total corruption,
makes one citizen happy.

Freeciv associate courthouse effect change, not to a Democracy flag
but to corruption_level == 0 check.

This limits the possibility to have a ruleset with a government
without corruption but courthouse without happiness effect.

(I understand that this is odd enough...)

        Ciao, Davide