[Freeciv-Dev] Re: request for --disable-sound

To: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: request for --disable-sound
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:44:03 +0200

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 07:21:31PM +0100, Ben Webb wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 07:58:33PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > The problem is that something (I'm no sure what is exactly checked,
> > probably the include files) indicates that ESD is installed at the
> > system but the library isn't found/don't exists.
>
>       If the resultant binary doesn't run on the system it was compiled
> on, then 1. your distribution is broken (e.g. esound-devel should
> require esound) and

> 2. the configure tests aren't good enough (which is the fault of the
> ESD/SDL people, not Freeciv, surely).

*combing the freeciv-dev archive* There is only one real problem
report:

Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:19:52 +0200 (CEST)
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] request for --disable-sound

currently I am having a few problems compiling freeciv on
one of our machines where configure thinks there is sound
support but gmake obviousely thinks there is not:

audio_sdl.c:22:23: SDL_mixer.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Reinier thinks this is a bug configure.in/ac nobody has ever looked at
this again. Reason: it wasn't submitted via Jitterbug. Please people
use it.

Davide raises in