[Freeciv-Dev] Starting points in savefiles?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Starting points in savefiles?
From: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:54:46 -0400

There is one thing that I've never fully understood: how do the starting
points in the savefiles (rNNsx and rNNsy) work? If I got it correctly,
each NN corresponds to nation NN. Now, what I want to know is:

1) what happens if I write less starting points than nations into a
   savefile?

2) what if I want every nation to start in a random point every time a
   game is started? So far, my tests show that omitting any rNNsx,rNNsy
   won't work.

So, how does this work? Thanks.