[Freeciv-Dev] Re: bugs and todo

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: bugs and todo
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 19:59:42 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > TODO                        new, replaces TODO file, linked by "Suggestions"
> > known-bugs          new, replaces BUGS file, linked by "Known Bugs"
> > open                        less known/common issues/bugs

> So you propose the remove the TODO and BUGS files from CVS or replace
> them with a link to these folders?!

I propose to replace those files with a link to the jitterbug folders.
Just like AUTHOR is a link to PEOPLE (except that it will be an URL).

> These files act as a kind of
> preprocessing. So that the problem is expressed in a language that the
> a freeciv developer understands.

Yes, and I believe Jitterbug is a lot better "preprocessor" than cvs files
or a static web page, because it is dynamic and holds the discussion
ensuing after a wishlist item/bug is posted.

> Just look at the note of PR#1435. It
> summarizes the problem quite good and such an entry in a CVS file is
> IMHO better that to let a reader catch all this by himself.

Exactly.

Yours,
Per

"It is difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
Especially if there is no cat there." - Confucius