[Freeciv-Dev] Re: graphics...

To: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: graphics...
From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 07:28:50 -0700

scripsit Jules Bean:

> (I'm not saying it is a hugely important thing to do, but it would be
> kinda cool to be able to play freeciv over a telnet client...)

Here's the problem:  ASCII text isn't very information-dense.  To get a
useful display, you'd need something like 120x60 with colour, which most
character displays can't do.  If you have a character display, you
wouldn't be able to use this client; if you have a GUI display running
a terminal emulator, then you can just as well run a local GUI client or
run it on the server and use your local X server for the display.

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul