[Freeciv-Dev] documentation update - last call

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] documentation update - last call
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:36:04 +0200 (MEST)

Attached is the latest diff for some vital portions of the documentation
that is by tradition only updated every release.

The files touched are:

 NEWS
 doc/BUGS
 doc/PEOPLE
 doc/README
 doc/README.AI
 doc/README.rulesets
 doc/README.sound
 doc/TODO
 doc/HACKING
 doc/HOWTOPLAY
 data/default/nations.ruleset

There are some people whose email I do not have. Please supply these or
Freeciv will be release without their emails in the PEOPLE file:

        Tuomas Airaksinen
        Thomas Strub

Also, I need an updated list of people who have contributed updates to the
players' documentation. So far only David King is listed, and I know more
people have contributed but I have not kept track of who they are (since
their names do not appear in changes.txt).

Finally, I've added the suggested long-term AI goals to README.AI, added
some minor url/terminology fixes to other files, added Jason's city names
docu and I think I managed to fix all the errors people spotted in the
last diff.

Please read.

Yours,
Per

PS I don't think there is time now to start doing something radical about
TODO, BUGS and HOWTOPLAY, even though they all deserve it.

"It is difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
Especially if there is no cat there." - Confucius