[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Linux saved game crashes client on Solaris (PR#1522)

To: tuomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Linux saved game crashes client on Solaris (PR#1522)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:07:12 +0200

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:58:03AM -0700, tuomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Tuomo Takkula
> Version: cvs from 30/05/2002
> Client: Both (or N/A)
> OS: saved on Linux, run on Solaris
> Submission from: (NULL) (129.16.168.123)
>

> Hi,
> I saved a game at home (server: cvs snapshot 11/05/2002, Pentium), copied
> it on a Solaris machine (Ultrasparc 80), started server (same date, some
> hours difference if any) and started (both gtk and xaw) client, which
> then runs into assertion violation:
>
> attribute.c:172: failed assertion `preamble[1] == data_length'
>
> build from today (30/05) gives another asserion: (tested gtk client only)
>
> packets.c:4476: failed assertion `packet->total_length > 0 &&
> packet->total_length < MAX_ATTRIBUTE_BLOCK'

Attributes aren't endian safe. CMA uses attributes.

> The saved game state which triggers the asserts can be downloaded from
>
>       ftp.cs.chalmers.se:/pub/users/tuomo/hiii.1180ad.sav

This causes another failure by me: it uses T_RIVER but the sprites of
the river terrain type are all NULL. Have you done any changes? Like
modifing data/default/terrain.ruleset? I don't see why this has worked
in the first place.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Many of my assistants were fans of Tolkien, who wrote 'Lord of the Rings'