[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion

To: Straybow <dewvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:52:14 -0500

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 12:23:15PM -0400, Straybow wrote:
> Idea:
> Show city improvements on relevant menu/screens

> Remember in Civ that the Attitude screen also showed certain city
> improvements? You could tell at a glance whether a city had Temple,
> Barracks, Aquaduct, etc. That saved much weariness from opening
> cities to see what they needed, returning to Advisor screen, opening
> another city to see what it needed, etc.
>
> How to do it:
> The City Advisor, Attitude Advisor, and Trade Advisor screens would
> have a few columns for improvement symbols. Each city having the
> improvement would show the icon in the column. The improvements would
> be selected for each screen via a new Menu Options screen in the
> main Game Menu.

this is a good suggestion. unfortunately, unless this project tickles
someone's fancy, I doubt you'll see it for a while. In the meantime, a
semi-solution would be to use the "Cities" dialog from the "Reports"
menu and use the "Select..." menu to select the cities that have certain
improvements.

-mike