[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Message options not evaluated (PR#1499)

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Message options not evaluated (PR#1499)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 00:32:34 +0200

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 12:51:43PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 01:50:26PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:10:34PM -0700, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > > CVS 23 MAY 2002
> > >
> > > After starting a saved game, in the first round, I get
> > > a message in the message window:
> > >
> > > "Basra may soon grow to size 3",
> > >
> > > even if in message options, City: May soon grow,
> > > the second check box if off.
> >
> > This is because load_options is called too late.
> >
> > Since I don't see a reason why load_options should be called multiple
> > time I moved it to the client startup.
>
> here's the problem, and I'm not sure how to fix it properly. load_options()
> must be called _after_ the rulesets are sent to the client so that global
> worklists are loaded properly, otherwise you get blank worklists (cause
> game.num_impr_types = 0 or some such.)

I have expected a reason. However this doesn't make the problem
easier. Before the game_state packet with the
CLIENT_GAME_RUNNING_STATE comes there are some event packets for which
the option should be loaded to get message_where right.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "That's fundamental game play!  My main enemy is *ALWAYS* fighting