[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cevo2 -still copyrighted pics in the unit set-

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cevo2 -still copyrighted pics in the unit set-
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:24:40 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 21 May 2002, T.J.T van Kooten wrote:
> Note:
> The mark "*OK*" means that the unit is based on an orginal
> Civ2 Scen units, but different enough to be something new.
> "*" means slightly altered (e.a the Midgard cannon barrel has
> been made about 2-3 pixels shorter) IMO not enough to
> become an original unit
> *?* Not sure

I haven't looked at it, but I do _not_ agree that "different enough" is
OK. If a copyrighted work by Microprose was used as the original, it is
not OK, no matter how much extra pixels you add to it.

When it comes to the largely theoretical copyright infringements done by
HiRes to a multitude of unknown, uncaring and untracable photograph
copyright owners, I totally do not care, but when it comes to the
copyrights owned by a commercial game company which could claim to have
been economically harmed by our use, then I will insist on absolutely _no_
tolerance for infrigements.

Yours,
Per

"As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
continued getting in the way and dying as a
result." -- New York Times, April 21