[Freeciv-Dev] Cevo2 -still copyrighted pics in the unit set-

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Cevo2 -still copyrighted pics in the unit set-
From: "T.J.T van Kooten" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:51:08 +0200

Hi all,

Seeing the discussion going on about the copyrighted
graphics in the unit set of Civ-evo I decided to verify the
graphics with the official Civ2 scenario disks: "Conflicts in
Civilizations"  and "Fantastic Worlds".  These addons were
released by Microprose and are, as far as I know, still
copyrighted

I've placed the "StdUnits-corrected.BMP" in the incoming
directory for review. 18 units (about 10 are direct copies)
have been marked with the name of the scenario were I
found the unit in question.

Note:
The mark "*OK*" means that the unit is based on an orginal
Civ2 Scen units, but different enough to be something new.
"*" means slightly altered (e.a the Midgard cannon barrel has
been made about 2-3 pixels shorter) IMO not enough to
become an original unit
*?* Not sure

I'm not sure if caught them all. I've been checking them for a
few hours now but I think I found most of the  suspect units. I
have not included Speyer's, Mathisen's and Kumar's results
so there may be some overlap.

Good luck,

Thomas